A big step forward for AGCI since the launch in June 2011 is the participation of colleagues from the University of Amsterdam (UvA). The UvA does much excellent and complementary research in environment, sustainability and global change.
The following UvA departments have joined AGCI:
Amsterdam Business School,
Amsterdam Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainability,
Department of Political Science,
Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences.
AGCI provides an opportunity for greater cross-fertilization between research and researchers across the two universities. By creating a connected community of global change researchers in Amsterdam, we can also enhance our collective profile internationally, becoming more attractive to talented researchers and societal stakeholders in the future.
More than 250 researchers, covering the full spectrum of relevant disciplinary expertise, participate in AGCI. They represent the following departments and research groups from both VU University Amsterdam and University of Amsterdam:
VU University Amsterdam:
- Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM), Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
- Climate and Earth Cluster, Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
- Department of Ecological Science, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
- Department of Spatial Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Transnational Legal Studies, Faculty of Law
- Division of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences
University of Amsterdam:
- Amsterdam Business School, Faculty of Economics and Business
- Amsterdam Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainability, Faculty of Law
- Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS), Faculty of Science