From Amsterdam Central Station
- Express tram 51 (16 minutes), in the underground station, alight: at the VU tram stop
- Tram 5 (25 minutes), on the station square, alight: at the VU tram stop
- Tram 16 (35 minutes), on the station square, alight: at the VU medisch centrum tram stop
From Station Amsterdam Zuid WTC
- Walking (6 minutes), leave the train platform at the Schiphol side (West: called 'VU / Parnassusweg'), go to the left (direction 'Buitenveldert'). After 300 m cross the De Boelelaan and turn right. AGCI is situated behind the main building (1105) as can be seen on the figure.
- Express tram 51 (1 minute), direction Amstelveen, alight: at the VU tram stop
- Tram 5 (1 minute), direction Amstelveen, alight: at the VU tram stop
Travellers arriving at Schiphol can take the train to Amsterdam Zuid WTC (the first stop, 6 minutes). The direction of the trains that stop at Amsterdam Zuid WTC is Amersfoort, Groningen, Enschede, Lelystad or Hilversum.
The A-10 Amsterdam ring road can be reached from all directions. Follow the A-10 to the Zuid/Amstelveen exit S 108. Turn left at the end of the sliproad onto Amstelveenseweg: after about three hundred yards (at the VU Hospital building) turn left again onto De Boelelaan. The VU can be reached via city routes S 108 and S 109.
There is no free parking until 7 p.m. around the VU. There is paid parking at the Van der Boechorststraat, on the De Boelelaan and on the Gustav Mahlerlaan (former Karel Lotsylaan), and to the right of the Hospital Outpatient Clinic. A number of parking places for the handicapped are reserved at the VU parking lots (entrance Van der Boechorststraat).